Thursday, October 7, 2010

The phoenix has risen

This blog is so old! Check out what I've been up to more recently…

...And the phoenix is completed. I was throwing around ideas for a colour scheme, and finally decided on going with blue/purple/gold because I thought it would make it look rather royal. Some phoenix pictures I've seen are green/red but they looked too much like parrots. I was thinking about doing red/orange/yellow all over, but decided that it would be too much of the same colour, and it would lose impact. It was a bit nerve racking putting pencil to paper, because I knew that once I'd started, I'd have to stick with those colours regardless of what it looked like. But in the end, I'm really happy with the way it turned out.



That's the last drawing from me for a little while (unless I'm really bad and procrastinate some more). I need to cut back on the drawing and get some real work done for school. Only got 5 weeks to wrap up all the assessment, report cards, student portfolios, etc. There's a lot of work to be done, and nothing will happen unless I lock up the coloured pencils!

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment