Friday, October 1, 2010

Pick a Rose

I went through my Tattoo Revival magazine (Volume 22) last night and copied all the different styles of roses I could find in it. Some of the original designs did not have black outlines, but I decided to draw them with black outlines anyway because that's the style I'm practicing. Then I had a go at shading them in different ways. It's quite difficult to get a good balance between shading with good tonal contrast, and making the whole rose too dark.


Rose 1
 Rose 2
 Rose 3
 Rose 4
 Rose 5
 Rose 6
 Rose 7
 Roses 8 & 9
 Roses10 & 11
 Roses 12 & 13


Which one do you like the design of best? Which shading style?

3 comments:

  1. Black and grey for shading style and number 7 for shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 7 and also the shape of number 2

    H

    ReplyDelete