Friday, October 15, 2010

Mr Bluebird's on my shoulder

This post is pretty old! What am I doing with my life now? Check out www.thesummertimes.com.au


It's Friday night, so I decided to finally pick up my pencils again and start drawing. I've been wanting to try the traditional-style bluebirds/swallows so I began looking the different ways to draw them. I sketched out all the ones in my tattoo mags and a couple of designs that could find online, but none looked as good as the ones my friend Bree has on her forearms. So I decided to start with that as a reference and copied one of them (hope she doesn't mind).


Then I drew up a few more designs based on that one but changed the wings, tail, shape and colours each time to try a few different styles, and develop my own style of drawing them...




They have come a long way since I started sketching them. But I've still got some more practicing to do before I can get the wings looking evenly spaced and more natural. I also have a few other perspectives to draw them. I plan on drawing a whole sheet that looks like they're snapshots of the same bird flying through the air... not this weekend tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment